Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mikayla's baptism

My darling daughter turned 8 in October and decided that she wanted to be baptized. I had big plans to send out cute little invitations with her picture weeks in advance, but--well, life happened and we ran out the door at 7:30am the day before to take these pictures at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It was so cold, but Mikayla didn't complain as I dragged her around to get as many shots as I could of her in the white dress she was so excited to have :)


As you can see, we were lucky to have so many (many) friends and family members that were able to come and make the day special and memorable for her.
Grandma Cori and Papa Craig
Grandma Debbie, Great-Grandma and Grandpa Johansson


Hugs to you, my sweet little girl. I am so proud of you for striving to keep the commandments and live a Christlike life. It is such a privilege to be your mother.


3 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

I love those pictures! It was fun to share that day with you! Congrats Mikayla!

Beck said...

SO Sweet!!!!

Mrs. R said...

Wow. Eight already. She looks so grown up in her baptismal dress. And you! You look like you haven't gained an ounce in 15 years! You look fabulous. Love the shoes. :)

Oh, and as I'm lamenting that you, who have had two kids and look fabulous, and I, who have had none, can't manage to loose the pesky 20 pounds I've been after for years, I go to publish my comment, and what is the verification word? Dessert. Universe: 1, Mrs. R: 0